Relevant Professional Papers / Contributions (optional, not required for admission)
Previous training in Psychotherapy (optional, not required for admission)
Memberships (optional, not required for admission)
Professional Affiliations & Licensure
Provide the names and addresses of three individuals who have known you well in your professional or volunteer work for at least one year. Please have them send a letter of reference detailing their evaluation of your professional and personal qualities.
A Vulnerable Sector Screening is intended for individuals seeking employment or volunteer opportunities with vulnerable persons. A vulnerable person is defined as a person who, because of their age, a disability, or other circumstances, whether temporary or permanent, are (a) in a position of dependence on others or (b) are otherwise at a greater risk than the general population of being harmed by person(s) in a position of authority or trust to them.
A Vulnerable Sector Screening will provide the following information:
1. Criminal convictions summary or indictable from CPIC and/or local databases
2. Findings of guilt under the Youth Criminal Justice Act within the applicable disclosure period
3. Outstanding entries, such as charges and warrants, judicial orders, peace bonds, probation and prohibition orders
4. Absolute and conditional discharges
5. Charges that resulted in a finding of not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder
6. Pardoned offenses authorized under the Criminal Records Act Non-conviction information authorized through Exceptional Disclosure
Summary & Certification
Please send by email or mail along with the completed Application
a) Your academic transcripts *
b) Three confidential letters of recommendation, at least two (2) of which must be from recent supervisors or administrators well-acquainted with your work *
c) A personal account of why you wish to pursue this training, how it relates to your past and future career and life goals. The account should include a history of any experience in the field of mental health, and the reasons you feel able to undertake the training program in your present life circumstances.
d) Application Fee of $250.00 made payable to the “Toronto Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis” or “TICP”. This is also payable by e-transfer to email@example.com or by credit card online at www.ticp.on.ca Please note: The application fee is not refundable.
e) All applicants will have a minimum of one admission interview. This will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and will last approximately 45 minutes.
Return Application Items By Mail or Email to:
Suzanne Pearen, TICP Administration Manager
TICP Business Office: 17 Saddletree Trail, Brampton, ON, L6X 4M5
* If these documents cannot accompany the application form, please ensure that the materials follow as soon as possible after the application form. Your file must be complete prior to the admission interview.